Medical Science Liaison
Sentynl Therapeutics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zydus Lifesciences Ltd. (Zydus), is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company focused on bringing innovative therapies to patients living with rare diseases. With an emphasis on commercialization, Sentynl looks to acquire, develop and commercialize well-differentiated products across a broad spectrum of therapeutic areas to address a variety of genetic, orphan and neurological disorders. To support its latest acquisitions, Sentynl is searching for a Medical Science Liaison (MSL).
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based medical expert who communicates appropriate and applicable scientific information to clinicians and researchers working in the rare disease areas of interest to Sentynl. This individual develops, manages and maintains collegial relationships with healthcare professionals (HCPs) and other stakeholders to determine research and clinical interests, obtain external insights on existing or emerging science and to increase HCP awareness of Sentynl’s rare disease programs. This position requires a professional with a strong clinical and/or scientific background to interact with KOLs and centers of excellence. The MSL will interact closely with external and internal stakeholders, taking a “hands-on” approach in a lean organization to support Sentynl’s commercial and development-stage products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, develop and maintain healthcare professionals (HCPs) relations and become recognized as an informed, scientific peer within Sentynl’s therapeutic areas while ensuring interactions with HCPs comply with all applicable laws and Sentynl policies.
- Educate the medical community on current medical and scientific information and relevant product information.
- Gather and effectively communicate medical experts’ opinions and medical/clinical insights to the Sentynl’s Medical Affairs department.
- Create and deliver fair-balanced clinical presentations in response to unsolicited questions in academic, community, and healthcare provider settings.
- Respond to unsolicited field medical inquiries, as appropriate, and liaise with the in-house medical affairs team to ensure proper response has been provided.
- Disseminate scientific and medical information that is transparent, fair-balanced and served in a timely, compliant and customer-focused manner.
- Attend and provide scientific support at national, regional, and local medical conferences; lead insight gathering activities at these conferences.
- Identify and critically assess research and clinical information and opportunities.
- Communicate and educate Sentynl’s internal customers on disease state, treatment guidelines, competitive landscape and product information in a timely manner.
- Act as MSL lead for clinical initiatives including site identification, trial recruitment and presentation of final approved data (as needed).
- Support investigator initiated trials activities (as needed).
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the MSL CRM platform.
- Document all relevant MSL activities in CRM platform.
- Other duties as requested.
- Pervasive focus on helping patients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated track record of achieving results and optimizing team performance while adhering to the highest medical, legal and ethical standards.
- Strong business acumen with a proven ability to execute complex plans and manage budgets and resources responsibly.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a strong sense of urgency.
- Adeptness at building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong understanding of industry, compliance, and regulatory frameworks and trends.
- Possession of strong ability and scientific curiosity to develop and continuously maintain the highest scientific and medical expertise in order to be a respected thought-partner to external academic scientists and clinical experts.
- Advanced degree (MD, PharmD, PhD, NP or RN) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a MSL, with at least some experience working in a small and growing biotech company.
- Background in genetics, pediatrics, neurology, and/or rare disease strongly desired.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific concepts in 1:1 and group settings.
- Ability to quickly and easily learn new scientific and technical information as well as ability to interpret key information and translate into educational and research needs.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of clinical development, research or Phase IV trial experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire and ability to be proactive, identify areas of opportunity, and consistently execute.
- Project management understanding and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a field individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Normal office conditions.
- Routine travel will be required between various locations in the US (as high as 70-80% travel).
This is a remote field position and you must reside in a state at or West of Colorado.
CORE VALUES & COMPETENCIES
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
- Unwavering commitment to doing what is right
- Seeks guidance when unsure
Sentynl Therapeutics, Inc. offers a competitive salary program and an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability
- 401(k) plan with a generous employer match
- Unlimited PTO – based upon our trust of employees to manage their work schedule and mutual agreement between the employee and their manager.
- Paid Holidays